Grand Army of the Republic Forum

The new weapons update and KOS are bad for the game survival

Greetings to all !

I just wanted to make a post on the new updates, from a raider’s view.

GAR had a hard time against raiders a year or 2 ago. Now they have nerfed the shotgun saying it was giving us a hudge advantage… well, i think it was giving the same advantage to GAR shotgun owners… i don’t see the difference. CG’s have shields that don’t break after certain amounts of shots, i think this is unfair for us.

By KOS’ing all raiders, the raiders won’t have as much fun as they had to play the game like before, the community is already having very hard times to keep a decent amount of players playing the game at most of the times, if you keep making this game unfair for raiders, they will just move on to another game and will result of loosing even more players. I think its a bad idea in my opinion. This game was SO FUN when using alter or forces and that we could’nt be killed while using them. Now its very bad and hard to use them, we bought them at a VERY high price for what they where giving us, and now, instead of having a Corvette, we got a honda civic for our investment. Same for shotgun, we bought it for a one shot kill, not a 2 shot kill. I remember 2 years ago, when there where SSU’s, wow it was fun and we never got any AOS. Now for most of SSU’s its sad for GAR also, They most of the time just stand there and post, without barely any raider’s raiding it, wich makes the SSU’s boring. I think there are alot of uprgrades needed and fast if this game wants to survive. Yeah, the game never had a huge community, we all know this, but it keeps on going down. For me, when i play at night, there is barely 100 people playing it. At same times 2 years ago, it used to be over 450 players at the same time. The numbers speak from themselves, i think GAR should take more time to look at what all players are asking, and to stop give advantages to a team (GAR,immigrants). Its already a pay to win game, try to keep it fair at least with other things…Also, during a SSU, GAR members switching to mandoo’ or santa’s or SF and come kill us in our back at immigrant spawn, i think its pretty low and shoul’nt be allowed. Its already a very hard situation for raiders to fight against over 50 GAR people waiting for you to cross that bridge invisible wall that we don’t need you guy’s to come behind our back. Most of the time there is on or 2 or maybe 3 raiders raiding against 50, its already not even, stay on your side…Haters, i a not saying the game is garbage or GAR is, not at all, im just giving my ideas to try to keep this game the most fun to play and to rebalance things because, we are loosing alot of players sadly.
Have a good one all of you !

1 Like

As a raider too, I totally agree with you.

1 Like

As a GAR member, I totally agree with you.

I have written a post titled “A reformed community” in the Longue, under On Topic.

It suggests practical updates to the game, for a more enjoyable and immersive experience for all.

Its an active discussion, lets keep it going and show our support for massive change. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

As I raider I disagree and agree with you. Any weapon that is nerfed also hurts GAR. However, the KOS thing is annoying seeing GAR is so easy to kill.

1 Like

Ofc they hurt both sides, the meaning of this was that when they sell a tool, whatever it is, people buy it because they like how its working, if then you decide to change the values of them, its not fair for thoses who bought it at first that way. Take this fake example here: i buy a minigun because of its fire rate and how many bullets it can shoot lets say 100 bullets per mag, i pay for it because its what i want. Then one day, the dev changes it to very low fire rate and 10 bullets per mag because they saying it will rebalance the game… would you be happy to have spent lets say 2.5k bobux for it before? Would you buy it again at that price? Its the same for all forces, they not as they where, they cost alot… so, yes its sad that what we bought is not what we bought anymore.

1 Like

OMG bosspapaboss so true the GAME NEEDS CHANGE!

1 Like

OMG bosspapaboss so true the GAME NEEDS CHANGE!

1 Like

DevKurka used to go around the suggestions part of the forums and read all of the suggestions and send messages in some of them. This hasn’t happened in several months, since the beginning of last year. Maybe if he could do this again, and maybe once every couple of months.

I think Kurka is doing his best rn as he must be working on that new map wich must take alot of his time and that now he is all by himself to run GAR (without Viking) I am pretty sure tho that he is reading what he can here and taking people demands in consideration .

2 Likes

I don’t necessarily agree with the stance on KOS from the GAR perspective. The main problem with it is if somebody tries to defend themselves they can eventually get KOS which is no bueno. But, it is also very useful especially for the raiders who abuse NLR. Say for example, a raider could be raiding for half an hour continuously non-stop with no repercussions in the past. If all of the sudden, he decides to just walk up, pull no gun, and get killed. He can record it and submit it as RK. Or raiders who can sort of be chill and just randomly pull a gun on you for no reason. You can come back and revenge kill them but they will come back and always have the first shot. AOS should get some tweaking to make it harder to get but still an option. On the raider perspective, why does the KOS really matter? Y’all are going to raid anyways, it just allows y’all to be shot sooner and lose that NLR protection evening the odds a little bit.

1 Like

Combat in general (both forces and weapons) just need a rebalance though.

This is simillar for us, how many times we are getting RKed by troopers, srgts…

Unfortunately, that is a whole other issue. Mainly being the lack of quick and easy access to the rules, people just plain trolling, and immigrants lacking defense.