Grand Army of the Republic Forum

Do you have to ask name and planet?

so i don’t know to tell trooper no or ignore it so pls answer

It’s not official cg say don’t do it and don’t like it , but when I asked ri they say it’s accepted by the community so it’s ok

No, as of what I know, it’s not required by any HICOM, documents, or rules. Those questions really aren’t necessary or helpful. In general, if you see something that’s being done, but you’re not sure if it is right/necessary, check with someone who knows the rules such as GAR HICOM or official documents.

1 Like

I think that it is fine. It has always been that way for me and it gives the cadets something to do. Without asking name and planet the cadets just sit there.

No, that is not required. There is no rule or instruction that tells GAR to do this. Troopers use this as an excuse to RK people. When you’re in front of the line watching the immigrants, just make sure no one cuts through. That’s all you have to do.

The thing is, this impacts the game in a negative way. When troopers ask for name and planet, they will find nearly everything the immigrant says invalid and kill them just because they can. That’s practically RK. This shouldn’t be encouraged.

1 Like

well i guess that they did it in the new update…