[CLOSED] Discord ban appeal

Data

Username: potoecore
Discord: hotpotoe310#0617
Discord Id: 799373595372683274
Ban reason: IP logger

Description

Basically, one day I was messing around with some other GAR members on discord and I made some jokes about logging someone’s IP. It was a really dumb thing to do and I regret ever doing so. I took the joke too far by making a fake link. I’m really sorry about it and I never intended on harming anyone in any way. I truly am sorry for my actions, and looking back it was a really stupid thing to do. It was a dumb joke that got out of hand and I know I shouldn’t have made such an insensitive joke like that. I would also like to apologize to those who were affected by my inconsiderate joke. I should have never made a joke regarding the safety of another GAR member and I deeply regret doing so. In my mind I just thought of it as a joke, but I never considered how that would make that person feel. The person has every right to be upset and angry for my ignorant actions. I never had any ill intent behind that joke and I would like to sincerely apologize for my actions. One’s safety should never be threatened by a joke and I realized that I crossed a line as far as jokes go. I never considered the severity of a joke like this, and I will never make another joke like this in any way, shape, or form. I simply wasn’t thinking properly when I made the joke, and clearly it didn’t come across as the way I intended it to. I intended on making a quick joke that didn’t harm anyone. Obviously I was wrong and I deeply regret my actions. I felt really bad once I realized that my joke made the person feel uncomfortable and threatened. This was never my intent as the person and I were considerably good friends. I would never want to make someone feel this way and I can’t even express how truly sorry I am to both the community and the person that was affected. My actions were inconsiderate, ignorant, and just straight up dumb. I will never let this happen again within my time in GAR and I really would like to return to this community. I have learned my lesson and I can promise that something like this will never happen again.

Greetings.

At this time, I have decided to deny your appeal for the GAR discord. This may be for one or more of the highlighted reasons:

• Offenses committed are too severe for ban to be revoked
  • Invalid discord ID
  • Insincere appeal
  • Appeal did not provide enough information regarding the ban reason(s)